A Charlton Standard Catalogue
Wade Whimsical Collectables
ISBN: 0 88968 324 2
Publisher: The Charlton Press
Author: Pat Murray
Format : 180mm x 230mm
Body: Black and white + 32 pages colour
Illustrations: B&w + colour photos
Publication : 31st August 2007
ISBN of previous edition: 0 88968 281 X
Includes yet more new discoveries
This is the most complete and comprehensive guide to Wade Whimsies and other storybook characters and comic animals produced by the George Wade, Wadeheath and Irish Wade potteries. Demand for this title is increasing so dramatically that each edition sells out long before the update is due. Larger than ever, this new edition includes new releases and previously undiscovered items.
- Almost 500 photographs (some in colour) illustrate range after range of models from those distributed as gifts in Christmas crackers to limited editions and highly sought-after pieces
- Includes general issue figures, collectors’ fair, event and club membership exclusives, and privately commissioned and advertising models
- Listings include name, mark, size, colourway, and date of issue
- Gives UK, USA, and Canadian market values to assist the collector in determining the value of their collection and to act as a guide to purchase prices. These values were correct at time of publication in 2007
- The detailed and informative introduction explains the production processes, lists the Wade modellers and describes and illustrates every Wade mark since the 1930s
- The carefully prepared index makes it quick and easy to find each item.
Pat Murray is probably the best-known authority on Wade. As an avid collector herself, she travels North America and the UK constantly researching new and previously undiscovered Wade pieces. Earlier editions of her books have become collectors’ items in their own right.